The 1st thing I did was remove the trim piece on the bottom in the center. It just seemed kind of random to me. Next I removed the doors & cut 2 holes in the back for the cords. I gave it 2 coats of Vintage white, lightly distressed & sealed. The drawer pulls got a coat of metal spray. Here is the after:
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Dresser turned Media Console
My step daughter needed some grown up furniture for her new condo. She needed something to replace the Walmart furniture, something that would be sturdy & last. I found this dresser on Craig's, the picture they had didn't show the middle doors open. I kindly asked them to send me a picture with the doors open. It was perfect! But they wanted $90 for the dresser (more than I had planned to spend since we were doing this on a budget). I told them it was perfect but out of my price range. The instantly came down to $50! I was thrilled but we couldn't get a time worked out, they were only available in the evenings & I was only available during the day. We finally worked it out almost 2 weeks later. My husband ended up going with me on a Saturday. I was so glad! We pulled into an apartment complex (not the nicest one & probably a little scary if I had been alone!). The couple we purchased the dresser from were from Brazil & so super sweet! I have been amazed at what nice people I have met on CL! Turns out the dresser is EXTREMELY heavy, even with the drawers out! Had it not been for my husband being with me, I don't think we could have gotten it into the truck!